Surgeries performed at Fitzgibbon Hospital include general, orthopedic, obstetrical/gynecological, and pacemaker insertion.
The Surgery Unit consists of 3 operating rooms (O.R.) and a designated C-section room. Each surgical team includes a surgeon, CRNA, RN circulator and scrub technician.
- Cardiac Permanent Pacemaker Insertion
- General Surgeries: (including, but not limited to)
- Open Appy (removal of Appendix through one large incision)
- Lap Appy (laparascopic removal of Appendix through small incisions)
- Breast Biopsy
- Colon Resection (Open and Laparascopic)
- Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Open Chole (removal of Gallbladder through one large incision)
- Lap Chole (laparascopic removal of Gallbladder through small incisions)
- Lesion Removal
- Obstetrical/Gynecological (OB/GYN) Surgeries: (including, but not limited to)
- Anterior & Posterior Repair
- D & C
- Endometrial Ablation
- Hysterectomy (Abdominal, Vaginal, and Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal)
- Tubal Ligation
- Orthopedic Surgeries:
- Arthroscopy (Shoulder and Knee)
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Shoulder Surgery
- Total Joint Replacement
Monday - Thursday | 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday | 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Emergency surgical procedures are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Ambulatory Care Nurse
Monday - Friday | 5:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Monday - Friday | 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.