Respiratory Care Services
Respiratory Care is the health care discipline that specializes in cardiopulmonary function and health. The Respiratory Therapists at Fitzgibbon Hospital help to identify, treat and prevent acute or chronic dysfunction of the cardiopulmonary system.
We provide respiratory care services on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Our inpatient Respiratory Care team is here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and offer such services as (but not limited to):
- Aerosol therapy
- Oxygen therapy
- PEEP (Positive End Expiratory Pressure) therapy
- Percussive therapy
- Ambulatory oxygen checks with home oxygen qualifications
- Desaturation studies with home oxygen qualifications
- Home nebulizer instruction
- MDI-Aero Chamber instruction
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) initiation set up with patient’s choice of a DME company
- Airway management
- CPAP/BiPAP initiation and management
- Ventilator initiation and management
- Arterial blood gases, sampling and management
Our Respiratory Therapists also have an important role in a number of procedures, teaming up with other health care professionals in the hospital.
- Participating in all rescue and code team calls
- Participating in Cesarean section, labor and delivery calls
- Responding to all trauma calls
- Assisting with endotracheal intubation
- Assisting in bronchoscopes
We also offer a variety of services on an outpatient basis. These services are performed by appointment only, Monday through Friday.
- Pulmonary Lab (Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays only; not scheduled on holidays)
- Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT)
- Lung volumes
- Flow resistance
- DLCO values
- Bronchoprovocation Test Methacholine Challenge to check for airway hypersensitive
- Disability Pre- and Post-Spirometry
- Cardiology/Pulmonary (Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Electrocardiograms (EKG)
- Holter Monitor (24-hour EKG)
- Event Monitor (30-day EKG) (data sent and monitored by LifeWatch Inc.
- Respiratory Services
- Arterial Blood Gases
- Ambulatory oxygen desaturation studies
- Pulse oximetry saturation checks
- Prep assistance with bronchoscopes
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Monday - Friday | 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
(660) 886-7431, ext. 208