UPDATED FITZGIBBON HOSPITAL VISITOR POLICY
As part of continued efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), effective June 4, Fitzgibbon Hospital has adopted a 1 visitor policy. Providing quality patient care to our community remains the focus of everything we do.
· Fitzgibbon Hospital will allow one adult visitor to accompany patients. No one under age 18, allowed. These individuals must be masked at all times and pass the COVID-19 Screening in order to enter the facility. This policy applies to all locations except The Living Center, where the No Visitor Policy remains in force, per state guidelines. Exceptions to the hospital policy include:
· When patient is a minor (under the age of 18), 2 guardians will be allowed
· When patient is at end of life, guidance on number of visitors permitted will be provided by management
· When patient tests positive for COVID and when patient is considered a Person Under Investigation for COVID (being tested for COVID symptoms or exposure), no visitors will be allowed
· Management reserves the right to restrict or permit visitors based on the medical circumstances and the safety of employees, patients and visitors
· The front entrance (main lobby) will close at 6 p.m. nightly, Monday-Friday.
· With the exception of remaining open for scheduled physician clinic visits (who will be subject to COVID-19 safety screening), the front entrance will be closed Saturdays and Sundays. Visitors should enter the hospital via the Emergency Department, where they will undergo the required screening.
· In lieu of a personal visit, we encourage you to utilize FaceTime, Zoom or other virtual means to connect with a loved one in the hospital.
We apologize for any inconvenience this new policy may cause, and we hope you understand we do not make these decisions lightly or without considerable thought. These are difficult but necessary steps intended to keep everyone safe as we implement procedures to slow the spread of COVID-19.
This policy is subject to change. We appreciate your understanding during this time as the situation is rapidly evolving.