Effective Immediately - 11/7/2020
Due to an increase of Covid-19 in our community, NO VISITORS are allowed into the Emergency Department, Hospital or Clinics until further notice. Click here to view our Updated Visitor Policy.
COVID-19 TESTING - Please note:
We can only provide COVID-19 tests to individuals with a doctor’s order. If you are experiencing symptoms, or have a qualified exposure to COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, please speak with your primary care provider to see if a COVID-19 test is necessary. Only individuals who have an order from their primary care provider will be tested.
COVID-19 testing hours are 6 a.m. - 8 p.m., Monday - Friday. We will not be providing COVID-19 testing over the weekend, however, our Emergency Department is open 24/7 to care for those experiencing a medical emergency.
Getting your test results
When to Seek Medical Attention
If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19, get medical attention IMMEDIATELY!
* This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.
|Emergency warning signs include*:
||Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
||New confusion or inability to arouse
||Bluish lips or face
State of Missouri stat page
Know Your Source
Think you might have COVID-19? Take our online assessment
You were tested for COVID-19 at Fitzgibbon Hospital. What's next?
Usted ha sido probado para COVID-19. ¿Que sigue?
Fitzgibbon Hospital's COVID-19 Visitor Policy
Yes! We could use your homemade masks
Latest News Releases from Fitzgibbon Hospital
Fitzgibbon Hospital COVID-19 Stats
(updated 1/11/2021 7:45 a.m.) - Statistics represent actual tests conducted by Fitzgibbon Hospital.
Statistics on the following graphic represent actual tests conducted by Fitzgibbon Hospital and not unique patients tested. An individual may be represented more than once in these results if they have been tested multiple times. All positive results are reported to the health department in resident's county of origin.
With all the information circulating about the "Coronavirus," correctly referred to as COVID-19, it is extremely important to check all information with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services (DHSS). Here are some reputable links to information about this latest virus as well as some general information to help you understand what this virus means for you.
Information continues to be collected and communicated about the COVID-19 virus. You are strongly encouraged to frequently check with the above websites for the fastest and most accurate sources for updates.
- Collaboration benefits patient care close to home - Published 11/20/2020
- Fitzgibbon Hospital administers First Unit of Convalescent Plasma - Published 10/23/2020
- Fitzgibbon Hospital focused on Safety during Pandemic - Published 7/27/2020
- COVID-19 Testing Changes Announced - Published 7/13/2020
- Attention Vendors - Published 7/2/2020
- Fitzgibbon to end curbside testing - Published 6/11/2020
- The makeshift tent outside the Emergency Department will be coming down, and all patients will be directed to a new testing station inside Fitzgibbon Hospital near Ambulatory Care.
- Fitzgibbon Hospital Implements Universal Masking - Published 5/13/2020
- In an effort to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 to staff and other patients, Fitzgibbon Hospital has implemented a universal masking policy that requires all individuals entering the hospital to wear a mask.
- Fitzgibbon Hospital adopts best practices, innovative technologies and cutting-edge techniques from hospitals at the epicenter - Published 4/23/2020
- Members of the organization’s leadership team studied best practices of world-class institutions on the front lines of the battle, like the Biocontainment Unit at the University of Nebraska-Omaha and Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City.
- The Living Center Staff performing double duty - Published 4/10/2020
- Policies restricting non-essential personnel mean that services such as haircuts, hair styling and pedicures also have been stopped. Enter the multi-talented TLC staff members with backgrounds in cosmetology to help out by providing these personal care services.
- Fitzgibbon launches new way to connect patients to caregivers amidst COVID-19 concerns - Published 4/8/2020
- Video communications platforms like Skype, FaceTime and Zoom allow people to connect “virtually.” The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services - the governmental agency which regulates much of how healthcare providers operate in this country – recognized the value of these communication platforms and loosened the rules around their use to provide telemedicine services
- Think you might have COVID-19? Click here to take our online assessment - Published 4/7/2020
- A medical provider will follow up with you by the end of the next business day to discuss your options for care.
- Heart meets Technology during COVID-19 Pandemic in Saline County - Published 4/3/2020
- When giving hearts intersect with new technology, you get solutions to problems you may not have realized were possible. Jason Wasson, Josh Teague and Jeremy Lucas utilize 3D Printers to help healthcare staff.
- First Positive Case of COVID-19 Virus for Saline County - Published 4/1/2020
- Fitzgibbon Hospital has received results from its first two positive cases of COVID-19 coronavirus for patients originating in Saline County. The results were returned this afternoon by its partner commercial laboratory and communicated to the Saline County Health Department. At the point of testing the patients were advised to self-quarantine at home and given educational materials from the Centers for Disease Control.
- Hand-sewn masks offer colorful pick-me-up in COVID-19 preparations - Published 3/27/2020
- While hospitals across the country are reporting supply shortages, Fitzgibbon Hospital is thankful for the many individuals in the community who have showed their support to these front-line warriors by providing hand-sewn masks.
- First Positive COVID-19 Test Conducted by Fitzgibbon Hospital - Published 3/25/2020
- Fitzgibbon Hospital has received results from its first positive case of COVID-19 coronavirus for a patient originating in Lafayette County. The results were returned overnight by its partner commercial laboratory and communicated to the Lafayette County Health Department.
- Steps your hospital has taken for safety and care - Published 3/20/2020
- As COVID-19 cases continue to rise across the country, Fitzgibbon Hospital is working hard to make sure all patients, staff, vendors and guests are safe and well cared for. A cross-functional team has been meeting daily to ensure an organizational-wide approach to policies and procedures, with the needs of patients at the forefront.
- Triage Tents placed at Entrances - Published 3/17/2020 (current with the exception of visitor policy which was updated 3/18/2020)
- Several tents will be going up near the exterior entrances to Fitzgibbon Hospital in Marshall to help facilitate screening of patients and visitors prior to entering the facility and to serve as temporary triage areas to evaluate patients who are referred for further testing including COVID-19 testing. These tents are NOT for on-demand testing but instead are being used to keep potential exposure of patients and healthcare staff to a minimum. Many hospitals across the country are implementing these temporary tents as they work to minimize risks for patients and employees alike.